Merry Cake-mas and Happy New Year with more cake!
Holiday Chocolate Cake (Modified from this recipe)
7 egg whites
5 egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup melted chocolate
1 1/4 almond flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
pinch of salt
1/2 cup of powdered sugar
1/2 cup of whipping cream
1/4 cup of mascarpone cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and butter a 9 inch cake pan. Set aside.
2. Whisk the egg whites with 1/4 cup of sugar till fluffly and set aside.
3. Whisk the egg yolks. Add in the remainder of the sugar and melted chocolate and whisk until combined.
4. Fold in the egg whites until combined, and then fold in the almond flour, cocoa powder and salt.
5. Bake for 30 mins, or until a toothpick comes out smooth.
1. Whisk all of the ingredients. You may modify for different textures and sweetness.
Assemble the cake once the cake has cooled. Top it off with frosting, chopped fruits, chocolate, pecans, anything you want! Refrigerate before serving.